Ian has over 25 years’ commercial property consultancy experience, dealing with all types of property.
Working nationally, Ian provides a full range of property services to the sector, including sales and acquisitions, valuation and consultancy on matters as diverse as commercial rent reviews to compulsory purchase claims.
His skills include commercial property valuations, commercial lease advice and business rates advice and appeals.
Since 2003 he has specialised in trading related property, with particular emphasis on marine property, including coastal marinas and inland waterway businesses. He is one of only a handful of surveyors nationwide to specialise in this niche market.
In addition to property valuation consultancy and professional advice, Ian acts for buyers and sellers in marina sales.
He has advised on the sale of a harbour and moorings business at Bembridge Harbour on the Isle of Wight, and has also advised Staniland Marina in Yorkshire on the letting of a full service inland waterways boatyard.
Ian has also given specialist commercial property valuation advice to the Canal & River Trust on their moorings and marina portfolio when British Waterways’ properties were transferred.
Clients include public sector bodies such as the Crown Estate and British Waterways and private sector operators, developers and landlords.
- Commercial property consultancy
- Property valuation consultancy
- Commercial rent review
- Commercial lease review
- Business rates advice
Ian Froome's Case Studies
- Canal & River Trust The specialist team of marine and leisure property consultants at Vail Williams was appointed by the... Read more
- Dean & Reddyhoff In 2010 the marine and leisure property advice team at Vail Williams was appointed by one of the UK'... Read more
- Handelsbanken The commercial property valuations team at Vail Williams was approached by leading Swedish bank, Han... Read more
- Handelsbanken (Southampton) The commercial property valuations team at Vail Williams was instructed by leading Swedish bank, Han... Read more
- National Westminster Bank The commercial property valuations team at Vail Williams was instructed by National Westminster Bank... Read more
- RSM Tenon Our marine and leisure property consultants were appointed by administrator, RSM Tenon, in 2011 to a... Read more
- Fuller Group The marine and leisure team at Vail Williams was appointed by property investment company, Fuller Gr... Read more
- Canal & River Trust Vail Williams was appointed to advise longstanding client, the Canal & River Trust, on the marketing... Read more