James is a chartered town planner with over 12 years’ experience in both the private sector and in local planning authorities within the south east. He has significant experience in planning policy for local authorities, working on draft policies and the supporting evidence for the production of local plans.
James has undertaken site assessments for potential residential and employment schemes for inclusion within Land Availability Assessments and analysis of the housing land supply position. He has been involved with numerous consultation and engagement exercises, including for strategic sites, to assist in shaping emerging local plans and site promotion. He also has experience with commercial development, from initial discussions through to applications and securing permission, followed by subsequent amendments and discharging conditions prior to development.
James' key skills include:
- Advising on Strategic Planning and Local Plan production and engagement.
- Housing land supply position and relationship with in the wider housing market area.
- Pre-application negotiation, drafting, submission and monitoring residential and commercial planning applications
- Commercial planning advice
- Property planning consultancy