Linda is well known as a business rates expert and has been providing strategic business rates advice to owner and occupier clients across a broad range of property types, for over 25 years.
She operates nationally for a number of portfolio clients, but on a day-to-day basis is particularly active in the Thames Valley.
Linda regularly challenges the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) at Tribunal Hearings and is equally well known for finding creative solutions to mitigate clients’ business rates liabilities.
Notable successes include securing a substantial temporary business rates reduction for:
- Retailers affected by town centre redevelopment works
- Managing the rates liability for a pharmaceutical client during the phased vacation of five existing premises and its consolidation into three buildings including one newly constructed laboratory
- Mitigating the considerable empty rates liability for an extensive industrial estate over a number of years, whilst the owner obtained planning consent for the site’s future redevelopment.
She is a member of the Rating Surveyors Association and takes an active part in Government consultations on business rates matters in the hope of being able to help shape the future of rating. She is frequently asked to speak on the topic of reducing business rates.
Linda enjoys keeping physically fit and finds the best place to unwind is at an exercise class at her local gym, after which she enjoys a glass of wine.
- Reduce business rates
- Business rates consultancy
Linda Staker 's Case Studies
- Fashion House (confidential) The business rates advice team at Vail Williams was instructed by a fashion house, in respect of its... Read more
- Fladgate LLP The business rates advice team at Vail Williams was instructed by international law firm, Fladgate L... Read more
- McKay Securities The business rates advice team at Vail Williams was instructed by McKay Securities PLC, a London and... Read more