A chartered building surveyor with 14 years experience working in the commercial, private and public sectors, providing a wide range of professional building surveying and project management services.
Nick has delivered a range of survey, advisory and project commissions, both independently and as team leader, where a multi-disciplinary approach has been required, including the interview, selection and management of external consultants to provide a holistic client deliverable.
Services include a full range of professional building surveying duties:
- Building and condition surveys (pre-acquisition, defects, schedules of condition etc.)
- Building pathology, defect diagnosis and repair monitoring
- Dilapidations advice for both landlords and tenants
- Assessment of dilapidations liability and exit strategy planning for tenants
- Development feasibility advice and construction monitoring for finance lending institutions
- Design and specification for building refurbishment, fit-out, alteration and repair projects
- Contract administration and project management roles
- Building Reinstatement Cost Assessments for Insurance purposes
Nick is an RICS registered APC doctor for the South of England region and welcomes enquiries from candidates undertaking their final assessment for the building surveying faculty. He is also acting as supervisor to a building surveying colleague undertaking their APC and plans to soon become an APC assessor for the building surveying faculty.
Examples of experience include:
- A surveying team leader providing repair and reinstatement works support for a global loss adjusting and insurance claim management firm following the unprecedented floods in Gloucestershire and Yorkshire in 2007.
- Five years of involvement procuring reactive and planned capital project work on behalf of RBS/NatWest across the UK and Channel Islands, including a £800,000 stone façade restoration project for a nineteenth century bank premise in Bournemouth. Similar works carried out on bank sites in Isle of Man, Alderney and across mainland UK.
Working on behalf of Dorset Healthcare University NHS Foundation Trust, acted as designer and contractor administrator for the delivery of a £1.8m refurbishment project of dementia wards at Alderney Hospital in Poole.
- Designed a GPS based survey report system for Severn Trent Water and led a team of surveyors providing a 10 year planned maintenance programme on 20 reservoir sites (infrastructure and site buildings) across England, including an interactive client demonstration for continued report population over time.
Nick enjoys spending quality time with family and friends. Music and rediscovery of playing guitar. Nick also plays the drums. Nick likes landscape photography and the selling of prints across a number mediums. A keen member of local tennis clubs and helping develop and maintain his son’s interest in the game. Likes good wine and draft beer!