Russell's areas of expertise include Valuation, investment consultancy, acquisitions and disposals, LPA Receivership, strategic asset management, financial viability in planning and development, affordable housing consultancy, expert witness and lease re-engineering.
Russell works within the Solent region and is the regional head of business development, responsible for ensuring both meeting our clients expectations and generating new business opportunities.
Russell qualified as a chartered surveyor in 2005 and specialises in investment and development consultancy as well as providing receivership services to numerous high street and boutique lenders. He qualified as a RICS Registered Property Receiver in 2012, is a Fellow of the Association of Property and Fixed Charge Receivers (nara), and was voted on to the nara Council in 2014. He also provides training and development to junior nara members.
Examples of his experience include:-
Arranging the £28M sale and leaseback of the Broad Oak Complex in Portsmouth for BAE Systems;
Acting for Eastleigh Borough Council to acquire in excess of £20 million of investments assets within their Borough;
Providing development viability consultancy and expert witness services for Winchester City Council, Test Valley Borough Council and Slough Borough Council;
Negotiating the off-market acquisition of the freehold interest in a 20,000 sq ft. industrial premises for VES Andover Limited;
Working as LPA Receiver with lenders including Nationwide Building Society, Bank of Ireland, The Cooperative Group, Dunbar, Norwich & Peterborough, Barclays, and Handelsbanken on the realisation of in excess of £250 million of non-performing residential and commercial property across the UK.
Russell has two children and a (mad) Springer Spaniel. He is a keen road cyclist and a supporter of Southampton Football Club.
- Commercial property valuation
- Commercial property investment analysis
- Acquisitions and disposals
- LPA Receivership
- Property asset management
- Financial viability in planning and development
- Affordable housing consultancy
- Commercial lease advice
- Commercial property development
Russell Miller's Case Studies
- Ankers & Rawlings Developments Limited Experts from across our commercial property investment, lease advice and building consultancy teams ... Read more
- Gilmore House The Law of Property Act (LPA) Receivership team was appointed to work with the lender on a £10 mill... Read more
- Highbury College In March 2018, Vail Williams was appointed by further education specialist, Highbury College, in Por... Read more
- Lavant House School Educational Trust Limited Vail Williams was appointed by Lavant House School Educational Trust Limited, which had gone into ad... Read more
- Lender (confidential) The Law of Property Act (LPA) Receivership team was appointed in January 2012 to provide LPA Receive... Read more
- Selwood Limited Vail Williams was appointed by leading pump solutions and plant hire company, Selwood Limited in 201... Read more