Getting the most out of your lease is vital – whether you’re an occupier or landlord/investor. But it can prove to be a complicated area, especially if you find yourself faced with a dispute.
Our commercial lease advice team acts for occupiers and investors advising on all aspects of commercial property, from renegotiations and commercial lease renewals to rent reviews.
We are experienced in resolving property disputes, acting as expert witness in both independent expert and arbitration proceedings. For further information please download our infographic.
Our services include:
- Commercial rent reviews
- Commercial lease renewals
- Lease renegotiation / restructuring
- Strategic lease reviews (single property or portfolio)
- Expert witness to a Court, Arbitrator or Independent Expert
- Dilapidations valuation advice
Vail Williams was instructed by international independent wine merchant, Direct Wines, to provide commercial lease advice in relation to a proposed 41.5% increase in annual rent by their landlord.
- Acted for occupier
- Negotiated rent review
- Rent increase reduced by nearly 40% to 2.4%
- Saved client £1.8 million over next 5 years