The proposed site, in West Hall, Woking, is located in the Green Belt. As a result of this, the expert team of property planning consultants at Vail Williams had to make a case that there were Very Special Circumstances in order to justify the construction of the retirement village development.
The team also needed to prove beyond doubt that the site was not viable as a location for office accommodation, but rather, residential care home use.
- Property planning consultancy
- Successful liaison with external stakeholders and the local authority
By working together with the local community to gain support for the proposed development, and pulling together a detailed case with special circumstances to justify the development of the retirement village on Green Belt land, the property planning consultants were able to achieve planning permission.
Anchor Trust was able to construct the 99 bedroom retirement village at West Hall, with ancillary facilities, and the modern, high-quality care home is now open for business.
Other Property Planning Consultancy Case Studies
- Highcross Strategic Advisers Limited The property planning consultancy team was appointed by Highcross Strategic Advisers Limited (now No... Read more
- Frimley Park Children's Centre The property planning consultancy team was appointed by Frimley Park Hospital NHS Foundation Trust t... Read more
- Frimley Park Hospital NHS Foundation Trust The property planning consultancy team was appointed by Frimley Park Hospital NHS Foundation Trust t... Read more