Vail Williams acted as ‘Owner’s Representative’ on behalf of the client to advise on the commercial aspects of the commercial property acquisition transaction, agreeing the design and build of the facility and securing its successful completion within tight timescales.
As part of this, and drawing on the expertise of our property asset management team, we agreed the specification and drawings for the building with the developer and their design team, liaising on the detail of the development agreement with all parties involved in the property transaction.
Once agreement on the design of the building was reached, our property development consultants closely monitored the works on site – both on behalf of the client and their funder – to ensure completion could be reached on time and on budget.
The quality of the works was then monitored and payment requests were made by the developer and contractor which were validated on behalf of the client, and the team took responsibility for dealing with variations to the original design.
- Commercial property acquisition
- Property asset management
- Commercial property consultancy
- Property development consultants
The client required the works to be completed quickly and efficiently in order to get the facility fully operational by October 2014.
The works commenced on site in January 2014 and the building consultancy team was able to ensure completion of the facility was achieved within the timescales required by the client, including the successful commissioning of the cold store down to minus 17°C.
For further information please contact our team.
Other Building Consultancy Case Studies
- Software company (confidential) The Building Consultancy team was appointed by multinational enterprise software company to advise o... Read more
- Surrey County Council The building consultancy team was appointed by Surrey County Council to advise on a dilapidations cl... Read more
- St John Ambulance Vail Williams have been advising St John Ambulance for 4 years. Our Occupier Advisory team work clos... Read more