This followed the development consultancy team at Vail Williams working with National & Regional Property Group on a complex site assembly project to secure the total site in sigle ownership.
The approved development, now under construction, is 7 storeys high and will comprise 280 dwellings with just under 1,000 sqm of ground floor commercial space.
The development was designed to regenerate and bring to life this run down town centre location. It was a complex case that required expert planning advice to achieve approval. In addition to managing the planning application process, we provided advice in relation to planning policy, planning history, site constraints and opportunities, contributions (including Community Infrastructure Levy) and Environment Impact Assessment screening.
This is part of Southampton City Council’s masterplan, one of the Council’s VIP projects and is the first Build to Rent Project in the Region.
This was a complex planning application which had to overcome a number of planning issues including the negotiation of developer contributions, height and heritage constraints, protected views, utilities and highway restrictions, viability considerations and a Stopping Up Order.
The existence of multiple landowners created a complex assembly project and we worked closely with National & Regional Property Group in negotiating option agreements.
- Advice on Environment Impact Assessment screening
- Negotiation of development contribution
- Project management
- Submission of planning application
- Complex land assembly
Pre-Application discussions took place to address each of the issue that arose throughout the planning process.
The planning application was then submitted to the Local Planning Authority, and monitored throughout its journey through the planning process.
Because negotiations were carried out to resolve objections or provide further information, where necessary, this resulted in full planning permission being awarded.
Development has since been able to commence.
Other Property Development Consultancy and Property Planning Consultancy Case Studies
- Highcross Strategic Advisers Limited The property planning consultancy team was appointed by Highcross Strategic Advisers Limited (now No... Read more
- Frimley Park Children's Centre The property planning consultancy team was appointed by Frimley Park Hospital NHS Foundation Trust t... Read more
- Frimley Park Hospital NHS Foundation Trust The property planning consultancy team was appointed by Frimley Park Hospital NHS Foundation Trust t... Read more