The valuation was requested by the bank in respect of a proposed £5 million development by a regional developer for four large bespoke houses.
By seeking expert property valuation consultancy from Vail Williams of the proposed development, the bank could minimise the risk of the debt facility.
Drawing upon specific expertise, the commercial property valuation team conducted a detailed review of the planning consents, with particular focus on Local Authority requirements for Affordable Housing.
As part of the in-depth process, the developer’s assumed gross development value of £5 million was also reviewed, as were the estimated build costs.
This resulted in an appraisal and Market Value report of the proposed development.
- Commercial property valuation
- Expert market knowledge
- Commercial property investment
As a result of the detailed report provided to the client, which comprised detailed analysis and commentary about the development’s suitability as loan security, the bank was able to make an informed decision about their investment.
Through the knowledge and expertise of the commercial property valuation team at Vail Williams, National Westminster Bank was able to structure their debt facility so as to minimise their risk, whilst also enabling them to issue a substantial advance to facilitate the development of the site.
For further information please contact our team.
Other Commercial Property Valuation Case Studies
- Handelsbanken The commercial property valuations team at Vail Williams was approached by leading Swedish bank, Han... Read more
- Handelsbanken (Southampton) The commercial property valuations team at Vail Williams was instructed by leading Swedish bank, Han... Read more
- Dean & Reddyhoff In 2010 the marine and leisure property advice team at Vail Williams was appointed by one of the UK'... Read more