Ordinarily, when an administrator is looking to recover assets, they sell the assets and then liquidate the company.
However, in this instance, Vail Williams marketed the harbour for sale as a going concern. The unusual nature of the property made the commercial valuation and marketing of the harbour a very specialist area of expertise.
Faced without access to the usual financial records for due diligence, the team’s understanding of how businesses in this marketplace operated helped Vail Williams to pull together all the necessary information and present it as an attractive proposition to potential buyers.
- Marine and leisure property advice
- Property valuation consultancy
- Commercial planning advice
- Advice on commercial property for sale
Valuing the business as it stood was challenging, but Vail Williams was able to accurately identify and convey the potential for the business in order to achieve a successful sale.
Using the team’s intimate knowledge of the marine and leisure property advice market, Vail Williams was able to convey important information about the harbour to prospective buyers.
The sale of the harbour was achieved by proactively identifying interested parties, with minimum delay or business disruption.
For further information please contact our team.
Other Marine and Leisure Expertise Case Studies
- Canal & River Trust The specialist team of marine and leisure property consultants at Vail Williams was appointed by the... Read more
- Dean & Reddyhoff In 2010 the marine and leisure property advice team at Vail Williams was appointed by one of the UK'... Read more
- Fuller Group The marine and leisure team at Vail Williams was appointed by property investment company, Fuller Gr... Read more