Ben has over three years’ experience of working across three main sectors of property planning consultancy - public, private and consultancy.
He previously worked for Southampton City Council where he dealt with a case load of householder planning applications, and has worked for Foreman Homes as an assistant planner to the Planning Director, before working as a planning consultant with Vail Williams.
Ben is responsible for project managing property planning applications and has a high track record of obtaining planning consents for clients across a range of sectors including residential, industrial, commercial and mixed-use.
He is also experienced in all forms of property planning application from pre-application discussions with the Council, to full applications for large scale projects which require masterplanning.
Ben has successfully obtained outline planning consent for 17 residential dwellings and ground floor retail frontage on a town centre site within Fareham.
The site faced a number of challenges including a neighbouring church with listed status, rights of access and the generally constrained nature of the site. Planning consent was granted via a planning committee.
He also achieved consent for 280 flats and ground floor commercial street frontage in Southampton city centre which required careful project management as well as overcoming a number of constraints, including heritage and city design, negotiations in respect of Section 106, highways matters (Section 278) and stopping up applications (Section 274).
In 2014, Ben became a Chartered Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI).
He is an active member of Testwood Baptist Church and enjoys playing football, travelling and skiing.
- Town and country planning
- Commercial planning advice
Ben Christian 's Case Studies
- Anchor Trust The property planning consultancy team was appointed by England’s largest not-for-profit housing a... Read more
- Bouygues UK The property planning consultancy team was appointed by one of the UK's most respected regional cons... Read more
- Frimley Park Children's Centre The property planning consultancy team was appointed by Frimley Park Hospital NHS Foundation Trust t... Read more
- Frimley Park Hospital NHS Foundation Trust The property planning consultancy team was appointed by Frimley Park Hospital NHS Foundation Trust t... Read more
- Highcross Strategic Advisers Limited The property planning consultancy team was appointed by Highcross Strategic Advisers Limited (now No... Read more
- Land West of Hamble Lane, Bursledon, Southampton The property planning team at Vail Williams was appointed by national housebuilder, Taylor Wimpey, t... Read more
- Lavant House School Educational Trust Limited Vail Williams was appointed by Lavant House School Educational Trust Limited, which had gone into ad... Read more
- Legal & General Assurance Society Limited An 80,000 sq ft flexible General Industrial (B2) or Warehouse and distribution unit (B8) in Bracknel... Read more
- National & Regional Property Group The property planning consultancy team at Vail Williams was appointed to advise National & Regional ... Read more
- Surrey County Council The property planning consultancy team was appointed by Surrey County Council to produce a hybrid pl... Read more