David has over 11 years’ experience in the property industry having started his career with Edwin Hill in Central London in 2002.
He specialises in commercial lease advice and has been at Vail Williams since 2004, during which time his work has had a particular focus on the Thames Valley area and its industrial markets.
David’s experience in the Thames Valley market and strong reputation in the field of commercial lease advice is demonstrated by the institutional investors with whom he works: Segro plc, Aviva, Aberdeen Asset Management and Orchard Street Investment Management.
A recent notable achievement involved a commercial rent review for a national law firm. The project required presenting expert evidence to an arbitrator and setting up a team of experts and legal counsel, to dispute the effect on rent as a result of plant and machinery within the building.
David has the strong technical knowledge and experience required to contest complex lease events, and he works with many national corporates including: Hanson Aggregates, St John Ambulance and National Express Ltd.
In his spare time, he enjoys playing golf, cycling and is a supporter of Reading Football Club.
- Commercial rent reviews
- Commercial lease renewals
- Break clause options
- Commercial lease restructures
- Rental valuations
- Expert witness to Court / Arbitrators / Independent Experts
David Barden's Case Studies
- Berry BMW Vail Williams’ commercial lease advice team was appointed by Berry BMW to improve the lease terms ... Read more
- Jewson Vail Williams was instructed by one of the UK’s largest chains of general builders' merchants, Jew... Read more
- SEGRO plc Vail Williams’ lease advisory team have advised SEGRO Plc on Slough Trading Estate since 2010, adv... Read more