James has over 25 years’ experience in the commercial property consultancy market and advises on both residential and commercial property valuations for loan security, purchase, statutory purposes, family matters and expert witness cases.
He is experienced in advising across most sectors, including retail, office, industrial and residential.
Clients include all the main UK High Street banks as well as a number of challenger banks including Aldermore, Interbay and Punjab, where James account manages the latter.
James also acts on behalf of a number of law firms to provide commercial property valuation advice to their clients for a variety of purposes, ranging from probate to expert witness/third party disputes.
He recently completed valuations on a number of portfolios in Thames Valley and the surrounding area, including a mixed residential/office and serviced office portfolios in West London.
He has been at Vail Williams since 1994, working initially within the acquisitions and disposals team at the Basingstoke office before moving to Thames Valley office in 1997. James moved to the property valuation consultancy team in 2009 and is Head of Valuations for the Thames Valley region.
James has two children which keep him busy and he enjoys gardening and fly fishing.
He is also a Governor at his children’s’ school and enjoys playing an active role in the development of the school, where he also chairs the Premises and Curriculum committee as well as being SEN Link Governor.
- Commercial property valuations
- Property valuations consultancy
James Bennett's Case Studies
- Handelsbanken The commercial property valuations team at Vail Williams was approached by leading Swedish bank, Han... Read more
- Handelsbanken (Southampton) The commercial property valuations team at Vail Williams was instructed by leading Swedish bank, Han... Read more
- National Westminster Bank The commercial property valuations team at Vail Williams was instructed by National Westminster Bank... Read more