James is a chartered town planner with over 15 years’ experience in both the private sector and in local planning authorities within the south east.
He has significant experience in planning policy for local authorities, working on draft policies and the supporting evidence for the production of local plans.
James has undertaken site assessments for potential residential and employment schemes for inclusion within Land Availability Assessments and analysis of the housing land supply position.
He has been involved with numerous consultation and engagement exercises, including for strategic sites, to assist in shaping emerging local plans and site promotion.
James also has experience with commercial, educational and residential development, from initial discussions through to applications and securing permission, followed by subsequent amendments and discharging conditions prior to development.
- Commercial planning advice
- Residential planning advice
- Property planning consultancy
- Pre-application negotiation, drafting, submission & monitoring residential and commercial planning applications
- Strategic Planning and Local Plan production and engagement
- Housing land supply position & relationship within wider housing market
James Williams's Case Studies
- Linden Homes South Vail Williams’ property planning consultants were appointed to advise on a Departure Application f... Read more
- Nexus, Gatwick Road, Crawley - L3 Pre-Letting Development background: In 2014 Vail Williams advised our client on one of the largest land transact... Read more
- Surrey County Council The property planning consultancy team was appointed by Surrey County Council to produce a hybrid pl... Read more
- Highcross Strategic Advisers Limited The property planning consultancy team was appointed by Highcross Strategic Advisers Limited (now No... Read more