Nick advises clients in respect of their rent reviews and lease renewals, undertaking negotiations on their behalf to achieve the best possible results.
Since qualifying in 2017, he has acted on behalf of both landlords and tenants, providing advice in respect of rent reviews and lease renewals for commercial property across the Solent.
A key part of his role is negotiating leases on behalf of clients, something which he finds particularly satisfying, as this is where he is able to deliver tangible benefit for clients.
Much of his experience has been in the retail sector, particularly in terms of high street locations but also out of town locations too. In recent years, Nick has become increasingly involved in the office and industrial/warehouse sectors, the latter of which he has developed particular expertise in.
In his spare time Nick enjoys spending time with his young family, which invariably involves trips to soft play areas, swimming lessons and fun days out. A former fitness addict, he occasionally manages to find the time to head out on a run.
Examples of experience:
• Represented Capita as tenant in respect of lease renewals and rent reviews on office and industrial units, including a lease renewal on a 20,000 sq ft data centre.
• Acted on behalf of Sue Ryder in relation to lease renewals and rent reviews, mostly in terms of their high street retail units, but also extending to light industrial units.
• Represented Santander as tenant in respect of their high street branches and corporate offices, and as landlord in respect of retail and office sub-lets.
• Acted on behalf of Tesco as landlord in respect of lease renewals and rent reviews covering retail sub-lets located at town centre and out of town superstores.
• Advised several high street banks in connection with national portfolio valuation reviews.
• Acted on behalf of Telereal Trillium as landlord in respect of lease renewals and rent reviews in connection with their national Post Office portfolio.