Russell is Vail Williams' business development lead with a remit across all the firm's regions, to ensure that we are meeting and exceeding our existing client’s expectations whilst generating new business opportunities.
His primary areas of expertise are property investment and property development consultancy, including acquisition and disposal. Russell is also a Registered RICS Valuer and Registered Property Receiver.
Russell is based primarily in the Solent, and works across our Southampton and Portsmouth offices providing expert regional advice to numerous longstanding clients.
He qualified as a chartered surveyor in 2005 having graduated from Portsmouth University with a First in Property Development, and went on to become an equity partner at Vail Williams in 2018.
He also has significant experience as an LPA Receiver becoming qualified as a Registered Property Receiver in 2012 and working with numerous lenders on in excess of 1,000 appointments over the last 10 years and realising over £250M of value.
Russell is Vice-Chair of NARA (The Association of Property and Fixed Charge Receivers) and takes an active role in training and mentoring junior NARA members.
- Undertaking development viability advise on a £30M Build-to-Rent scheme
- Acquiring a £13M prime retail park investment for a local authority in Hampshire
- Arranging the multi-million pound sale of leaseback of multiple convenience stores for Southern Cooperative Limited
- Advising BAE Systems on the £28M sale and leaseback of their Broadoak Complex in Portsmouth
- Acquiring a £4M office investment for a Charitable client
Russell has two almost teenage children and a middle-aged Springer Spaniel! He is a keen cyclist so long as the weather is ‘just right’ and a keen supporter of Southampton Football Club - aka the Saints.
- Commercial property valuation
- Commercial property investment analysis
- Acquisitions and disposals
- LPA Receivership
- Property asset management
- Financial viability in planning and development
- Affordable housing consultancy
- Commercial lease advice
- Commercial property development
Russell Miller's Case Studies
- Ankers & Rawlings Developments Limited Experts from across our commercial property investment, lease advice and building consultancy teams ... Read more
- Gilmore House The Law of Property Act (LPA) Receivership team was appointed to work with the lender on a £10 mill... Read more
- Highbury College In March 2018, Vail Williams was appointed by further education specialist, Highbury College, in Por... Read more
- Lavant House School Educational Trust Limited Vail Williams was appointed by Lavant House School Educational Trust Limited, which had gone into ad... Read more
- Lender (confidential) The Law of Property Act (LPA) Receivership team was appointed in January 2012 to provide LPA Receive... Read more
- Selwood Limited Vail Williams was appointed by leading pump solutions and plant hire company, Selwood Limited in 201... Read more