Our dedicated business rates advice team provides occupiers and owners with specialist insight and strategies to reduce this ‘property tax’.
We can explore business rates savings opportunities in your past and present rates liability, covering challenges to business rate valuations, relief applications and recovery angles by examining rate account histories.
To help reduce business rates, a successful rates mitigation strategy is important and extends over the duration of a Revaluation cycle.
The process involves us gaining an in-depth understanding of your business space, so it is essential to detail the size, age, specifications and the way in which your property is utilised, as well as the environment in which each site is situated. For further information please download our infographic.
Vail Williams was appointed to advise London-based property investors, Renaissance Capital Partners, in March 2019.
- Year: 2019
- Type of client: Investor
- Inherited case about to go to tribunal
- Built a case in two weeks
- Successfully negotiated with valuation officer
- Reduced business rates payable from £83,000 to nil for period of 16 months whilst building work was ongoing
- Resulted in saving to client of approx. £32,000