Getting specialist marine and leisure property advice on the valuation, acquisition or sale of a property in the leisure sector is vital.
Appraising leisure property requires a thorough understanding of the leisure business and market, as well as property skills. For further information please download our infographic.
Residential moorings and houseboats
As the popularity of houseboats continues to rise across the UK, so too is the demand for moorings with full residential consent.Vail Williams has worked within the marine property sector for many years, advising major marine operators and navigation authorities including the Canal & River Trust and the Environment Agency. We know the market and we understand the specific challenges and opportunities presented by residential moorings.
While we don’t sell houses or houseboats, our team offers expert advice to both boat owners’ associations and land owners on the issues surrounding residential moorings and houseboats.
Residential mobile home parks
Strict regulations set by the Mobile Home Acts on the development, management and occupation of mobile home parks make it vital to seek advice from property experts that have a thorough understanding of this niche sector.
Here at Vail Williams, we have in-depth, first-hand knowledge of park management and operation. We are a National Associate Member of the British Holiday & Home Park Association and we manage a residential park on behalf of the freehold owners.
Our dedicated Marine and Leisure team regularly value both holiday and residential parks across the UK. We offer a wide range of advice to residential mobile home owners.
- Valuation of residential and leisure marinas, moorings and mobile home parks
- Sales and acquisitions of marinas and moorings businesses
- Negotiation of leases and mooring licences
Vail Williams was appointed to advise longstanding client, the Canal & River Trust, on the marketing and subsequent sale of its wholly-owned marina subsidiary, British Waterways Marinas Ltd (BWML).
- Expertise: Marine & Leisure Property
- Type of client: Charitable Trust
- Year: 2018
- Advised on marketing and sale of business subsidiary, BWML
- Undertook strategic review of BWML
- Worked in conjunction with M&A specialists
- Targeted investor and private equity markets
- Successfully secured the disposal of the company at a figure in excess of the initial guide price